Notified Dish I was moving and had sold my home, they said it was too far out to do anything and to call back within 2 weeks. I called back end of June & advised my new mailing address, and made a pyment.

They were supposed to SUSPEND service for 90 days as my new place would not be ready for 6 weeks, and they pro-rate my bill and send final bill to new mailing. I didn't realize final bill had not come until I called the first week of August to start the service in my new place. It was then I was told I owed over $300, and I am asking how is that possible, what are these charges. etc.

They told me I was disconnected due to non payment and that was late fees, last bill and discontinue of service. I am like WTH???? I NEVER got the bill!!! I have been going back and forth with them multiple times since and I even wrote them a letter.

I have made payments to them reluctantly even for the time the service was supposed to be off, as it was after I moved and everything was in storage. NOW, I've received a collection letter for $625.02 and I am stunned. I have absolutely NO CLUE how or why I owe this amount, . When I call they won't go over the bill and the amounts over the phone, they only they will mail a statement.

I am trying to do what I'm supposed to do, but they keep changing and I dont' understand it and I don't know who to fix it. When I call customer service, they are less than helpful and only say well you got disconnected for non payment so that's why this is messed up. You owe even more money, AND they are increasing the monthly rate I was paying saying it's because you were disconnected for non payment for over 30 days, again, WTH???? And I explain to them, NO I DID NOT.

I suspended the service for 90 days, they were to send me statement for what I owed, so I could pay it but I never got that.

I just want to do the right thing, but now I am scared to even get the service back for what they will charge me!!! I don't know what to do or how to fix this, and I have absolutely no idea how I could possible owe $625!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Dish Network Customer Care.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 10.

Comments

Call them and ask to be escalated to a supervisor. If you don't feel you have reached a satisfactory conclusion, Ask for the next tier supervisor.

Take it up the food chain. Usually you only have to go to a supervisor as the first person to answer usually doesn't have the authorityto do very much.