I was a Dish Network customer for many years. I was a satisfied customer all throughout, until I purchased a DVR a month ago.

As soon as I connected the DVR to my TV downstairs, I lost a major channel from a special package that I had. However, I was receiving this same channel on my upstairs TV. When I contacted them about this issue, they told me that this channel had been removed from the package on 2/1. In addition, they said I had to pay $20 extra to get this channel back.

However, I was receiving this same channel on my other receiver. I tried speaking to their agents several times, telling them that it was unfair that they hadn't informed me of the elimination of this channel from the package, before I purchased the DVR. However, they were very rude and hung up on me several times. Therefore, because of my dissatisfaction with their treatment, I cancelled my account and sent them my receivers and DVR as they requested.

However, yesterday I received a bill from them indicating that I had to pay a $245 bill just for cancelling. Since I felt that this was completely unfair, I called them concerning this issue. I told them that I was willing to restore my account and take back Dish Network service, if they would waive the cancellation. But the agent told me that she would not cancel the fee, even if I restored my account.

I believe that this is completely unfair that they treat a long-time customer in such a bad way.

I regret having purchased the Dish Network service. It was a big mistake!

Review about: Dish Network Tv Package.

Comments

After three months of watching the TV require signal and having to unplug and plug the box back in I decided enough was enough. I had already made two calls to Dish, the first time a technician was sent who replaced a device on the actual dish, then tightened and aligned the dish.

Still experiencing problems I again called and was informed they would boost the signal. Still having issues I decided to cancel service and was informed it would cost over $300.00. I objected to the high disconnect fee, having to pay for such poor service so was passed on to another department. This person asked if I was experiencing problems do to incumbent weather stating they could not control the reception due to bad weather.

I explained that it not only happened during bad weather but on clear nights as well. I then explained the weather was only going to get worse here in Iowa and had no intentions of going through this all winter long especially when I was told when I signed up how great there service was. This person explained he had the authority to waive the fee, but needed to dispatch a technician during the time signal was lost in an attempt to fix the problem. I explained that I had already gone through this twice before, coming to the conclusion this was a further attempt to keep service connected only to continue to collect their monthly fee and that the reason for such an outrageous fee was due to poor service and the high number of disconnects.

I asked would you be sending a technician during the night when I was experiencing a problem, and was informed that only Monday through Friday between the hours of 8AM and 5PM.

I finally explained if you were going to insist on charging me over $300.00 for poor service and then informing me it would only get worse with bad weather, then I would forward this outrageous disconnect fee to an attorney. I also plan on writing a letter to the editor of a newspaper to inform them and readers to be aware of the service from Dish and the problems they can experience.

I hate this. We only care when they start slandering our name, but never when they call in to be treated like customers.

I think I'm quitting the call center tomorrow. I've worked for the shadiest hardware store in the business, but this is to much.

slojo69

Unfortunately, I've had similar issues man, so i sympathize. I also get the same response as what miss Escobar here said.

They tend to think that telling us that they have free stuff on preview as if that negates the fact that you had to call in and get hung up on.

Now I'm not sure if you were a *** or not when you called in, but I was basically told "That's tough, we can change our *** whenever we want to any contract we want and you have to eat the increased prices no matter what you signed up for." That's like someone stayin in a hotel room for 40 bucks then when he goes to check out get's hit with a 60 dollar bill and told "Yup, we can do whatever we want and we chose to add 20 bucks to yer bill." I regret Dish network right up there with you man. Big *** mistake!

Kimesco_DISH

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with DISH Network and would like for you to know if there is anything we can do to help we would like to further look into this for you. We have channels available on free preview constantly and are available to all the receivers in the house, if you had a new receiver put in the reason why that specific receiver was not receiving the channel is because it did not receive the update that would allow it to broadcast the channel the day the update was sent out to the internal smart cards in the other receivers another thing could have been that the free preview on the channel had already expired. I understand this could have been very frustrating to you especially when it comes to a channel you really like. Let us know if you need any further assistance. You can contact me directly at

kimberly.escobar@dishnetwork.com.