1.8
Style and Design

I have been a customer with Dish Network for over twenty years. I have never had occasion to complain about their support service (tech support), etc.

HOWEVER, what has happened to their programming? Originally they offered local broadcasting and an impressive array of wonderfully programmed channels, including The Cooking Channel (before Chopped and Diners, Dives and Drive-ins), Stars, Sundance , and some wonderful made-for-TV series on Stars and HBOE. They aired high quality controversial material, British Broadcasting, live Public Broadcasting-Quality programs and performances, and an excellent cross-section of contemporary and classic movie choices. This great mix has degenerated to a wearisome collection of info-mercials (and lots of them!) hackneyed reruns of old sitcoms (I know some of them are bonafide treasures, but they do not compare with HIGH QUALITY contemporary programming like The Sopranos, Nurse Jackie, etc etc.!

"B" level movies are shown over and over to the point of delirium, and the amount and quality and repetition of the infomercial contingent is mind-boggling and infuriating! AND they are CHARGING us for the privilege of watching this garbage! DISH evidently has no feedback apparatus (I'm sure they are aware of the *** they are broadcasting, and don't want to hear from their client base), so I'm venting here.

If anyone asks me my opinion of Dish Network, I point out that 167$ a month is a LOT to pay for 5 local stations and 150 canned infomercials. NetFlix is a better buy!

Product or Service Mentioned: Dish Network Tv Package.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

If you're paying that much a month for just TV then you should cancel or you deserve to get ripped off. That's as much as I ever paid on a cable bill with hbo, cinemax, along with Internet and phone.