Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin

Update by user Feb 17, 2015

Contacted by Michael Lemar of Dish Network. Will update when all is done that can be done. The reported loss of $960.00 is what Dish Network stands to lose from me if I can't be satisfied ($80.00/month X 12 months).

Original review posted by user Jan 18, 2015

I was a happy Dish customer from 1998 when I purchased my Dish 500 system and a self-installer kit, and all the way to March 2013 when I suddenly no longer had a signal.A local Dish tech came out and told us our equipment was obsolete and he installed a Dish HD system with two receivers and the same 120 channel package only in HD where available.

My old analog system was more reliable than local antennas, Direct TV, and local cable companies. These others would drop in foul weather and yet my Dish 500 kept chugging along with no outages. That all changed after this new HD system was installed. The slightest weather perturbation and the Dish drops the signal then goes thru a 10-15 minute signal acquisition and reboot/download process.

In addition to this disheartening turn of the worm, the price has gone from $59.95/month to $75.95/month for the exact same channels and lower reliability. A recent billing statement included a notification that the monthly subscription fee was going up another $5.00 to nearly $80.00/month and not one single premium channel. Unless I can garner a more satisfactory subscription fee, for what is considered a base package, before my current contract ends in August 2015, I plan to drop Dish altogether and they can come collect there hardware.

I want the old Dish back!I rate this new service a 1 on a 5 scale.

This person wrote the review because of not as described of dish network tv package from Dish Network. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $960 and wants Dish Network to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was reliability and price. Author liked the most ease of use. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Dish Network for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

MikeLDISH123
Littleton, Colorado, United States #938954

ricvannatta,

Your frustrations are understandable and it would be my pleasure to assist you if you could please email me your account number and four-digit PIN at michael.lemar@dish.com!