October 10th, 2008 my mother and her other half had Dish Network install 1 of their systems cause they advertise FREE standard installation and other benefits of contracting with them.

Dish did not install for free nor did they only charge 24.99 for the second 12 months nor did they only charge 9.95 for 3 months. Dish failed to abide by their own contract from the start!

Now they are steeling from a 74 year old man's credit card account! I just hope that Dish Network reads this so I can allow them to know that I am going to show them how important it is to abide by a contract, especially if you are the one making the contract! Dish Network.....Get ready for the unemployment line, your days of steeling are over, I have you on 15 different MCL violations and consumer protection violations to boot. The Michigan Attorney General is going to have fun making press with your companies name.

Say good by to all the other customers... If anyone else is interested in sending the Michigan Attorney General a class action complaint, let me know, moondog_67_2000@yahoo.com

Review about: Dish Network Installation.

Comments

Hey Alicia - that was a nice and not so timely response to Moondog...over two years after his post! I guess DISH has it's minions out trolling the web to try and calm the storm of unhappy customers...too little too late as usual.

Too bad you can't back date your helpful post...bet the IT people over there are still working on that though... By the way - did you see your customer service rating is still behind DirecTV...I'm sure that's no surprise to you though.

Sure, you have fees this and thats. Spell them out better.

Your installers are charging even though you claim free standard installation. If your company provides the installer than you should abide by your contract.

I apologize there was so much confusion regarding your pricing. We make every effort to provide accurate and consistent information to our customers. There are some situations that may cause your bill to increase or change; expiration of promotions, price increases, additional receivers, additional features, additional programming. We have independent retailers that customers can elect to use, most of them will have an activation fee. This fee is not charged or by DISH Network and we do not receive that payment. When you sign up for DISH Network we require a card on file for the contract and equipment only, you can elect to sign up to have payments removed from your account, but this is by your request only. Some of our promotions require auto pay and this may have been why you set up. The card does have to be provided by the card holder. If you are in a contract and choose to cancel services early the cancel fee would be enforced. The return shipping cost would be your responsibility however we do provide pre addressed labels from UPS at a discounted rate of $15.00 that you can elect to use, but are not required to. If you have any other questions regarding charges please let us know. If you still have concerns about your bill or an increase you can email me at alicia.brink@dishnetwork.com.

Alicia Brink