I subscribed to DISH Network 15 months ago, in May 2011. They were running a promo for no contract sign up, for $45 a month. I didn't want to be in a contract so I did it.

Fast foward to July 2012. I look at my bill and am getting charged $67 for tv - and they dropped AMC. So I figured I'd switch to DirectTV. Called DISH, told them to cancel me. The customer service lady sent me over to their customer retention department, and I told them look.. you're too high, and you don't have the channel I want.. cancel me.

Thats when SHTF. She told me I'm in a 2 year contract. I was like no I'm not. We went back and forth and finally I said look, send me the contract I signed and if so, I will honor it. She forwards me to their corporate headquarters and they tell me it will take 7 business days.

14 business days later, I get no contract or a call. I call DISH and ask whats up. As I'm waiting for the customer service person, I hear that my bill amount is $155 and I don't miss payments. Whats going on?

They tell me that they never found a contract on file for me, but since I never had a contract filed, I was charged a $99 activation fee 15 months after my service began.

I was pretty outraged by this. How can a company charge you an activation fee more than a year into your service, which you never agreed upon? I told her to remove it and remove me as a customer.. which she wouldn't do.

So I've filed a complaint with the FCC, BBB, as well as the Texas Attorney General.. If none of those avenues resolve my issue, I will file a civil suit in small claims court in Houston.. in which they will have to send someone from Colorado to represent.. or they could just settle and waive my fee of $99.

Thought you should know before choosing your TV provider

Review about: Dish Network Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

DanB@Dish Network

Hello, this is Dan Busa With DISH Social Media.I am sorry to hear that you had to go through all of this.

I will be more than happy to look into this for you to ensure everything has been handled properly.If this issue hasn't been resolved please send me an e-mail at:Daniel.Busa@DISH.com