Dish has made a fateful mistake removing Fox News with me . I have been a loyal Dish customer since the 90's and have paid the price as the rates have gone up.

My monthly bill has grown to over $180.00 a month,because the shows that I enjoy comes only in the most expensive package. When my next bill arrives it will not be paid if Fox has not been returned to the programming. I'm truly sick of large business dictating to the consumer........end of story DISH YOU HAVE 30 DAYS !!

I can not and will not pay when you take away the only new channel that tells both sides . There are always other alternitives.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

Denver, Colorado, United States #924995

Happy to see you've been satisfied with the service for so long.

The FOX takedown has zero to do with politics.

DISH had a takedown of CNN not but over a month ago, remember? It's because the channel owner, 21st Century Fox, is demanding more money. THEY removed their carriage license after being offered by DISH to continue carrying the channel during negotiations. FOX refused.

It's nothing new, nothing related to media and certainly nothing to do with your right to media outlets. In fact, Charlie Ergen, DISH's owner, is considered an avid republican. Imagine that.

Ideals aside, you wouldn't want a $10+ increase in your bill over 100 times per year, right?

That's exactly why DISH must negotiate - so that doesn't happen each time a contract expires.

Switching your provider will only prove to 21st Century Fox, and all greedy channel owners, that you're ok paying their higher price. You'll see another increase within a few years because of it, too. Once you have a new carrier installed and they end their contract with FOX, or any other station for that matter, you'll be in the same boat again.

It's a lose-lose.

Just to play devil's advocate a bit...

6 major corporations and/or people own ALL of the major media outlets across the globe. Do you really believe your media with FOX isn't subjectified, biased and showing exactly what they want you to see?

Hopefully DISH will continue to see your business for something that happens often and will more than likely be solved soon.

Lewisburg, Ohio, United States #924372

Dish, I have not been happy with you since I switched in 2012. It has been a mistake that I was willing to deal with until my contract was up with you.

My dad and I watch Fox News, and now it has been blocked by you. Now, I am going to switch back to Direct TV, where I was very happy with the tv I was getting.

I know that I am just a drop in the bucket as far as you are concerned, but, Dear Dish, I, and my money will be gone. And I have read that I am not the only one who feels this way.

South Bend, Indiana, United States #922832