I contracted with Dish in December 2016 for two years. The first year was fine and they were very accommodating when I called.

However, over the past month, I have made six calls to Dish and I haven't found a competent person yet. I am currently without any service at all and they couldn't care less. The first call was to report my receiver overheating and not working. They told me it was obsolete and they would ship me a new one that I would have to set up.

The new receiver was shipped to the wrong address, after a long conversation and confirmation about where to ship it, and I had to pay extra to make the change with UPS. I set up the new receiver and called and had it activated and the remotes set up. Hung up and the remotes didn't work. Called back and was told that I had downgraded my service and this receiver didn't even have DVR.

I DID NOT downgrade my service as I use the DVR regularly! They told me I needed a new VIP612, which is what the other guy said was obsolete. Then they told me to get a new one I'd have to agree to a 2 year contract. I haven't even completed the first 2 -year contract and I sure am not going to agree to another one with this *** company.

My option is to pay an early termination fee to get out of this contract. Called again and talked to a different person. They told me they would send out a tech to repair my old VIP612. No one else had mentioned that.

We set up appointment 4 days out. I called back to ask to have the old VIP612 reactivated so, maybe, my husband would be able to watch some TV until it overheated again while we await the tech's arrival. Was told that I'd have to pay $13 to reactivate the old receiver for 3 days. I've never had such *** service from any company in my 71 years.

Obviously, they hire people and put them on the phones without sufficient training if any training at all, since you never get the same story from two CSR's.

This company is set to screw the customer anyway it can. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!

Review about: Dish Network Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Abysmal.